Saturday, 9 April 2011

We are civilized today

We are civilized today.
Let’s read this quote from movie God must be crazy. (Kalahari an Adavasi Group in African Jungle)
Only 600 miles to the south, there's a vast city. And here you find civilized man.
Civilized man refused to adapt himself to his environment. Instead he adapted his environment to suit him. So he built cities, roads, vehicles, machinery. And he put up power lines to run his labor-saving devices. But he didn't know when to stop.
The more he improved his surroundings to make life easier the more complicated he made it. Now his children are sentenced to 10 to 15 years of school, to learn how to survive in this complex and hazardous habitat.
And civilized man, who refused to adapt to his surroundings now finds he has to adapt and re-adapt every hour of the day to his self-created environment. For instance, if it's Monday and 7:30 comes up, you have to disadapt from your domestic surroundings and re-adapt yourself to an entirely different environment. 8:00 means everybody has to look busy. 10:30 means you can stop looking busy for 15 minutes. And then, you have to look busy again. Your day is chopped into pieces. In each segment of time you adapt to new circumstances.
In the Kalahari, it's always Tuesday, or Thursday if you like. Or Sunday. No clocks or calendars tell you to do this or that.
So Kalahari are basically honest people as they are still not touched by the evil or to say as they don’t know bad so all is good for them.
We are Civilized. But still we can’t
¾     Be complete honest in our work, feedbacks or raising issues.
¾     Say to company that process rolled out is not effective enough (be it any new software that tells or tracks your physical activity) we just tend to follow it asking oneself, why am I doing this?
¾     Question on numerous irrelevant data asked from us, which might take days to make but ultimately no one uses it.
So what happens?
People lie and hide, be diplomatic to Bosses and subordinates, the point is “truth also hides and becomes diplomatic.”
Does Truth or Simplicity helps, ask the greatest entrepreneur and they shall vouch for it. But do they get Truth from the civilized people they hire to run the business. Answer is not sooner.
Sooner the Better isn’t it, but how.
 “I know you would say I am asking too much” but isn’t it simple to be open in thought if we create an environment. Ask for only fact or data that is tangible and before asking question also understands if it will help both the ends to nurture business.
___________________________________________________________________________________
When I just look around
In office : I see people troubled on cell phones, may be just by the nos of call they make on same subject to different people trying to explain something. Simplest of things looks so tough from the time you try to explain it to someone who can only hear your voice with 70% clarity of voice & 0% clarity of mood.
On Road: I see people drive with anger; anger that they throw on to neighbor vehicle and just trying to say can’t you see it’s ME. I exist in this world
In Mall: I see people feeling happy with the shopping bags more than the company they walk with.
In Gym: I see people so much within themselves and they look happy to me. They see themselves in mirrors “I guess they feel hey ITS ME”
At Tea Stall: I see people happy gossiping it seems that they are getting rid of something.
We are civilized today.
We have more information than previous genre, more power and we are more arrogant as well from pre – genration.
I guess arrogance comes from majorly work arena where we spend more time than anyplace else. The happiness comes when we get an opportunity to speak our heart out (Be it at any Tapri or Evening drinks Party) or when we get an opportunity to tell world look this is me (Look I am sweating, look at the shopping bags in my hand)
___________________________________________________________________________________
In Kalahari
They have no crime, no punishment, no violence, no laws no police, judges, rulers or bosses. They believe that the gods put only good and useful things on the earth for them.
In this world of theirs, nothing is bad or evil. Even a poisonous snake is not bad. You just have to keep away from the sharp end. Actually, a snake is very good. In fact, it's delicious. And the skin makes a fine pouch.
Request to civilized readers drop a little arrogance and believe gods put only good and useful things on the earth.